Last Forum Posts

Guild Progression

Most Recent Images

Site Upgrade Status

Post new topic   Reply to topic    For Instance Forum Index -> Gathering professions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sirus / Johnny
Veteran
Forum Rank: Uber

re: So you've got a gathering Profession eh?

kk... so you've hit 60... your heading to outlands? or maybe your already 70 and just run around farming those sexy herbs/ores/fishies for whatever reason...

not sure where to farm? or when to farm? this is something i can help ya with...

kk... firstly where to farm? it depends on whatcha looking for... i know with herbing it is as follows

Hellfire Peninsula - Felweed + high level 60 herbs (mountain silversage etc)
Zangermarsh - Rageveil
Terrokkar Forest - Terrocone
Nagrand - Felweed + mana thistle in area's only reachable by flight
Blades Edge Mountains - Dreaming Glory
Netherspite - Netherbloom
Shadowmoon Valley - Nightmare Vine

As for mining i've not really had much time farming and cannot produce an indepth list...

and as for when to farm? if your ever on at 1am (NSW time) till bout 4am (NSW time) i've found (esp on weekdays) is the prime farm time with more than enough herbs to drown yourself in... :D

On another note i'd suggest that anyone with a gathering proffesion go and download Gatherer... its a great mod that remembers where you've collected herbs before (so you can make efficient farming routes) and also a great part about it is that it will share the data with anyone else who is online at the time... so we all help eachother out... :D

i hope this info has helped... :D

Elananos - 70 PvP Rogue
---------------------------
Hookimus - 70 Prot Warrior
eyeblink
Pally Pete / Christhina
Guild Master
Forum Rank: Epic

re: So you've got a gathering Profession eh?

Johnny,

Great info, and thanks for sharing! Very valuable for my upcoming herbalist :-)

Mines, I've found, pretty much run as follows (and this is based on my "gut feel", I have no actual data to support this information other than my own recollection of mining trips):

Fel Iron: Hellfire Peninsula (all), Zangarmash (about half), Terokkar Forest (about half), Nagrand (some), Blades Edge (some).
Adamantite: (Zangarmarsh (about half), Terokkar Forest (about half), Nagrand (most), Blades Edge (most), Netherstorm (all), Shadowmoon Valley (all).

Eternium Ore is a drop from Adamantite Nodes.

Khorium replaces and Adamantite Node in rare cases. For some reason, Blades Edge gets talked about a lot, though I've located most of my Khorium in Terokkar Forest.

As far as fishing is concerned, there's always plenty places to go, and probably too many for me to list off the top of my head - if you're after a particular fish, ask me in game, and I'll give you some suggested places that I use to get most Outland fish :-)

Yes, I still have two other Paladins

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    For Instance Forum Index -> Gathering professions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: